Hello and Happy New Year to all the Story Empire readers and my fellow authors!
2017 was a fantastic year for Story Empire, one in which our site saw quite a lot of growth. To start 2018 off right, I’m announcing our changes so all our readers will know what to expect from us.
While we will continue to post individually on the same schedule as we have in the past, our Friday posts will now have some variation. Here are the kinds of posts you can expect this year when Friday rolls around on Story Empire:
- Fiction Prompt – one of us will post something as a flash fiction prompt to our fellow writers. This can be a video, picture, word, phrase or anything else we want to use. Anyone can take part or not (including us). When you have your fiction posted, simply comment on our post with your link and the title so other people can pay you a visit and read what you wrote.
- Book Share – on a rotating basis, one of us will share a favorite book we’ve either read in the past or are currently reading. Blog followers will get to read our thoughts about these titles such as why we were interested and how we liked the book. We’ll share our suggestions to readers who may also find our choices interesting or share your own in the comments.
- Writing Question – one of us will post a question related to writing in some way and ask for comments about the topic. This can be anything about how to write, produce or market a book as well as trends in the larger market. This is a post meant to generate conversation related to the topic so anyone can leave comments.
- Book Cover – one of the Story Empire authors will share a book cover they have recently seen that caught their eye. We’ll also share why we liked it and whether it drove us to read it or not. This is another time to respond with your thoughts about the chosen cover, maybe even share one that you find interesting.
- There are several 5th Fridays during the year so we’ll reserve those for a sort of round-table discussion among us where we discuss our own writing concerns and progress.
2018 promises to be another fun year and we hope these new weekly features will keep you thinking each week. Starting Friday, Joan Hall will share a fiction prompt and I can’t wait to see what she posts.
We hope to see each of you every Friday and your responses to our variety of engaging posts with food for creativity and thought about the writing world. I’ll be back in a few weeks with my regular post with something fresh for everyone but look for a writing question from me in several weeks on 1/19.