Ciao, SEers. What do you think about this graphic? Perfect for the season, but probably not advice I’d ever read. (I’d never get past the webbing.)
Love it or loathe it, we’ve assembled a list of web-free writing links for you. Well, spider-web-free. All the links are actually on the world wide web, but I promise none are sticky or come with scary arachnids.
Before you look at our curated content, don’t forget to check out the Story Empire posts of the week. On Monday, I wrote about the do’s and don’ts of horror writing and on Wednesday, Mae discussed giveaways. After you’ve given those a look, maybe some of the links below will grab your attention.
- Free and Inexpensive Graphics (close to 100 links)
- The Minor Character (how to make him or her memorable)
- Plot Development (3-act structure, Save the Cat, Hero’s journey, etc.)
- Alternatives for 28 Boring Words (infographic)
- The Anti-Hero (and even the anti-antagonist)
- Story Threads (more than subplots)
- Prologues (yes or no)
- Happiness (rather than conflict) to enrich your story
- Magic (downloadable worksheets for story-building)
- Better Words (infographic of 28 boring words and better alternatives)
- Tweets in Blog Posts (instructions to copy and/or embed)