Happy Friday, SE Readers. Can you believe it’s already September? There’s an old Steve Miller song that talks about time slipping into the future and its so true. However, its time for another round of curated content – some of the best articles we SE authors have found from around the web this week. And if you haven’t checked out this weeks SE content be sure to read 5 Tips to Use Scrivener’s Layout Manager to Guide Your Writing by P. H. and Craig’s post on Guesting and Hosting.
And now for this week’s links.
- Characterization Tips (what to avoid, where to focus)
- World Building (3 tips)
- Character and Plot (why characters need to make choices, and what constitutes a good choice)
- Horror Stories (5 tips)
- Book Marketing (437 tips)
- POV (third person/close—two examples)
- Writing Humor (tips from the incomparable Erma Bombeck)
- Psychology and Writing, Part 1 (9 case studies)
- Psychology and Writing, Part 2 (more case studies and applications in fiction)
- Prologues (3 ways they work, 3 ways they don’t)
- Dressing Your Characters (clothing as character development and world building)
- Book Promo (how one author hit the USA Today Bestsellers List 3 times)
- Creating Conflict (5 ways)