Happy Friday, wonderful SEers! The end of the week is always a reason for celebration. I hope your first days venturing into a new month have been filled with fun, good books, and prolific writing.
Speaking of writing, the SE authors have cobbled together a new collection of writing links. Before sampling the latest, take a moment to check out this week’s featured posts—Drip Campaigns by Staci Troilo and my own “It’s in the Stars . . . or Not”
Then enjoy a Friday Fix with . . .
- How to Tweet Like a Pro [Lab] (a must read for Tweeters)
- Book Blurbs (five tips to improve them)
- Monday Marketing. 3 Quick Tips (how fast does your website load?)
- Plotting (steps to go from beginning to end)
- Character Development (tips for creating compelling characters)
- How to 101 (outstanding resource list from Chris, the Story Reading Ape)
- Showing Versus Telling (a detailed look from the Kill Zone)
- Author Hashtags for Twitter (a helpful list for writers)
- Promoting Your Preorder Title (17 tips)
- 10 Steps to Making a Living as a Self-Published Author (This post is long and has a few foul words in it, but if you only read one post this week, this is the one. It’s got valuable content, several action items, and free downloads.)
- The “Mary Sue” Character (what it is and how to avoid it)