Welcome to another Friday, Story Empire fans. Craig here, and it’s been a busy week for me. I’m taking some vacation time at work to focus on some writing related projects.
One of my projects is to get your weekly selection of content links put together. I snapped this photo at the Warhawk Air Museum last winter. Museums have curated content too, and it makes for a great place to visit.
I posted about things you can do with your author blog to increase your footprint on Monday. You can check it out here, if you missed it.
Then P. H. Solomon had the Wednesday post about Scrivener backups which you can read here if you also missed it.
These are a collection of helpful posts we put together every Friday, and we might as well get to them.
- The Write Stuff (Some solid advice for writers)
- Scammers of author giveaways (Does this change your opinion?)
- Using Perspective 202-03 (Characters and POV)
- Bizarre Things People Say to Authors (You’ve probably heard some of these!)
- Writers on Social Media (Does it Make a Difference?)
- Log Lines and Blurbs (Short and Sweet and Stikin’ Hard)
- Characters (5 ways to develop voice)
- Fixing James Bond (how Ian Flemming changed the character to create a bestselling franchise)
- Dialogue (a quick and dirty guide to formatting speech)
- Stock Images (sites with free photos for blog posts and book covers; some of these were new to me)
- Goodreads Marketing Timeline (a calendar/to-do list to prepare for publication and marketing)
- Facebook Cover Video (details about the increasing popularity of video online and directions on how to update your FB cover)
- Writing a Parent (developing a non-cliché parental character)
- Writing the Rashomon Scene (what it is and how to use it effectively)
- Eyes (descriptions and meanings behind actions)
- Self-Publishing (14 points to consider before deciding on a publishing path)
- Scenes (eight steps to crafting the perfect scene)